Treeline Associates is hiring a 3/4 time work-from-home experienced Event Planner to serve on its event team.
The event planner is responsible for planning and executing flawless conferences, education programs, webinars, meetings, and special events for a professional trade association. They work with and lead volunteers, conference planning committees, and other staff members.
Our ideal candidate thrives in a fast-paced environment, can take on new challenges, brings new and creative event ideas, and can juggle multiple tasks on time and within budget. The events planner overcomes obstacles with unflappable professionalism.
The event planner manages multiple events throughout the year. Some events may be virtual or hybrid, while others may be face-to-face (both domestically and internationally). They are part of an engagement delivery team that may include an executive director, a communications manager, an accountant, and/or others.
This position is part of an association management team and works remotely from a virtual office. They report to the Director of Event Services.
Skills Required: Knowledge of and experience with all facets of meeting planning including, but not limited to:
- Certified Meeting Professional (CMP) designation is strongly preferred.
- Organize effectively and maintain detailed records of procedures and actions.
- Plan and effectively present ideas and concepts to groups.
- Assimilate information from a variety of sources and recommend actions to be taken.
- Establish and maintain effective working relationships with multiple people from a remote work environment.
- Excellent customer service and interpersonal communication skills.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Proficient with all programs in Microsoft Office Suite.
- Strong creativity and problem-solving ability.
- Strong multi-tasking and time management skills, and attention to detail.
- Ability to manage multiple tasks and priorities.
- Ability to effectively lead and complete projects within deadlines.
- Previous experience in meeting and/or events planning is required. Three or more years of experience in a full-time employment position is preferred.
- Must be proficient in technology and not afraid to learn new software.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Assist with planning, organizing, and executing various programs, special events, and activities related to conferences, conventions, educational seminars, webinars, board meetings, and other related events.
- Coordinate logistics for lodging, transportation, catering, entertainment, and related functions. Creates staff assignments, troubleshoots on-site logistics, and set-up and break-down events.
- Assist with the compilation of program calendars, publications, promotional materials, and related marketing materials. Proofs related documents and may occasionally write program material or assist in its development.
- Prepare and assemble materials for various events including reports, certificates, badges, handouts, and other items.
- Manage RFP process to select outside vendors; manage vendor relationships.
- Perform departmental administrative and clerical duties. Schedules meetings, assists with travel arrangements, makes copies, prepares letters and other correspondence, and completes other related duties.
- Manages onsite event team.
- Plans and executes the event planning process.
- Must be willing to work more than 30 hours per week during pre-conference and conference time.
- Other tasks as assigned.
Working Conditions & Location
- Work from home position; must have experience working from home and a home office.
- Must have a strong internet connection.
- Be creative in finding ways to connect with other staff members
- Must be able to work independently; be self-motivated and very organized.
- This is a three quarter time position with the starting pay between $19-$23 per hour.
- Must have experience in working in a remote office.
- Residing in Michigan is preferable.
Treeline Associates, Inc. is an event services and association management company dedicated to improving the organizations we serve. Treeline was founded in the spring of 1998 and is now in its 23rd year. We provide world-class event management services and have an appreciation of membership organizations as an association management company.
Treeline is a family-friendly and majority woman-owned company.
Treeline has pioneered the concept of a virtual association management company and has staff in Canada and the United States.
An equal opportunity employer
2206 Village West Dr. S
Lapeer, MI 48446
Job Type: 3/4 time work-from-home
Pay: $19.00 – $23.00 per hour
- 401(k) matching
- Flexible schedule
- Paid time off
- Professional development assistance
- Referral program
- Monday to Friday
- Bachelor’s (Preferred)
- Microsoft Office: 1 year (Preferred)
- Customer Service: 1 year (Preferred)
- Certified Meeting Planner (Preferred)
- Fully Remote